An effort to create a decentralized platform for virtual reality devices powered by cryptography and anonymization.
Metaview recognizes how the World Wide Web revolutionized the way we access information using the Internet and seeks to create an environment that takes advantage of state of the art VR/AR consumer technology to advance the way we communicate.
This effort aims to create technologies with the following points in mind:
- Leveraging VR/AR technology – the web browser is where it started, this is where it continues
- Anonymity by default – the decision to share your real identity should be yours only and explicit
- Decentralization – no single node is fully responsible for the network’s operation, this ensures its durability
- User identity based on cryptography – take advantage of encrypted communication and digital signatures to prove your identity, no more passwords
- Free Software – public source code promotes collaboration, faster bug discovery and better security; all related works will be published under the GNU LGPLv3
- Extensibility – encourages innovation by creating the framework to build new technologies upon